Shelter KC is a Kansas City Rescue Mission
We are helping Kansas City’s homeless men and women experience freedom from the past and hope for the future. We believe the love of Jesus Christ changes lives. We see it happen here every day.
Established in 1950, it’s been our mission to serve people in need. Whether they turn to us because of bad choices, bad breaks -- or both -- we welcome those who are poor, homeless, hungry and hurting into our doors.
At Shelter KC, our clients eat good food and find safe shelter, comfortable beds and clean facilities. It’s our priority to treat each man and woman with dignity. Additional services include case management, a recovery program, job and life skills training through educational services and the opportunity to participate in our social enterprise program. Learn more about all of our ministry services.
Read Our Life-Changing Stories
Shelter KC Mission
Shelter KC is a Christ-centered community offering freedom, support, and resources to those in need, empowering them to reach their full potential.
Shelter KC Values
- Transformational Growth
- Healthy Relationships
- Dignity of the Individual
Statement of Belief
The spiritual beliefs upon which Shelter KC: a Kansas City Rescue Mission was founded and that continue to drive it are outlined below. Adherence to these beliefs is common to all employees. We believe:
- In one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired by God, and tells us everything we need to know about grace, faith and salvation.
- That all persons are separated from God because of sin and that sin impacts our nature as well as our actions.
- Jesus Christ died for everyone, and anyone who turns to Him in faith and trusts in Him is forgiven.
- Followers of Jesus are called to become Christ-like disciples through the work of the Holy Spirit, empowering them to live and love as Jesus did.
- Those who are forgiven and filled with the Spirit receive the gift of assurance of salvation and the hope of eternal life.
- Our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, all will be judged righteous or unrighteous and the righteous will reign with God forever.