Privately Funded by Passionate People
Shelter KC receives no government funds. Most of our income comes from individuals who have a heart and passion to serve Kansas City’s poor and homeless men and women. We’re grateful for each individual, family, church partner and foundation that chooses to financially support the work of our rescue mission.
It’s a priority for our team to manage each dollar with honesty and transparency. We’re recognized as a 4-star charity by Charity Navigator and members of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Learn more about our memberships & associations.
Below is a summary of the impact Shelter KC: A Kansas City Rescue Mission has had in the community.
- Total unduplicated clients served — 1,484
- Shelter nights provided — 37,959
- Meals provided — 87,074
- Articles of clothing distributed — 12,524
- Unduplicated case management clients — 1,119
- Case management sessions — 3,548
- Unduplicated medical clients — 463
- Medical visits — 2,369
- Chaplaincy encounters and sessions — 8,694
- Participants in men’s recovery program — 66
- Completed program requirements — 34
- Participants in women’s recovery program — 35
- Volunteers — 2,032
- Volunteer hours provided — 9,915
2018 Annual Report